Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Wrestler's Biggest Fan

That's my little boy by mat number two...
He's on deck;
He's the one that tries to look so confident,
While I sit here a wreck.

I sit here watching nervously,
Biting my nails and shaking in my seat;
Praying for a victory,
And not a quick defeat.

Please don't let him be hurt,
Please let him be all right;
After all this is why he practices so hard,
Almost every night.

I'll just suffer through it,
And hive him my support;
Wondering why sometimes,
He ever chose this sport.

But when it's finally over,
And he makes it through "the three";
Nothing can beat the look on his face,
That look of Victory.

The look that says, "I did it, hey mom did you see?"
And when the ref holds up his hand, I know why he chose this sport;
And when the victory goes the other way,
I still give him my support.

There's always a next time as long as you try,
A mom never fails to say;
"You're always a champion in my eyes, son,"
"And you will always be that way."

A mom is a wrestler's biggest fan,
She knows what's in his heart;
She knows his dedication,
And how he tries so hard.

It's hard for a mom to sit and watch,
As her son gets pinned;
And it's hard not to get emotional,
As you watch your baby win.

Seeing his eyes search for you,
While you're sitting in the stands;
Making sure you saw his every move turn out,
Just the way he had planned.

Because every wrestler knows,
That mom is his biggest fan!!!

~Author Unknown~

No comments: