Saturday, April 18, 2009

Atlanta - Thursday 4/9/09


Thursday was the day for some of the girls. Rayne, Aurora & Gina were shown in the 6-9 puppy class. Gina & Aurora showed very well although not good enough to place, but Rayne decided she didn't like the judge and backed away from him on the table. I think it was all very strange for her, between the wild ass carpet, the fancy crystal lights, hundreds of people and a very tall, but handsome judge who wore dark rimmed glasses just freaked her out. Needless to say, we got the boot along with several others.
Jaycie was in the Bred-by Exhibitor class and proceeded to act the same way. She didn't like all this fancy stuff, they are good ole country dogs, not spoiled little princesses.

It was fun to watch Shelbi make it deep into the cut with our co-owned girl Pebbles in the Amateur-Owner Handler class. She looked really nice I thought she might get a placement, but it is a thrill to make the cut at a National just the same.

Thursday night I got to sleep with my ZoeZoe. I took her out for late night potty, and I figured I don't need a leash, she only has three legs and I can keep up with a three-legged dog. I did carry her downstairs, and when I put her down on the grass, she took off in her akward three-legged bunny hop that she does, and off I ran after her. It was kind of funny, me running after a "crippled" dog. She is anything but crippled, handicapped maybe, but not crippled. She proceeded to potty by herself, I scooped her up and inside we went to bed. My beautiful Zoey sure is a bed hog.

No comments: