Thursday, February 14, 2008

Room 220 - Trenton, NJ

When it was decided to once again go to the Westminster Kennel Club show in NYC, my niece Melissa, her friend Dana and I decided we didn't want to get up at 3:00 am on Monday morning to get the 6:00 am train in Trenton, so we had the great idea to get a hotel room near the train station on Sunday night. So I researched the area online and found a hotel about a mile from the train station. Now I've stayed in a lot of hotels in my day, some good, some bad, but I knew we were in trouble when I went to check in and there was a sign stating "TV Remote Control $5.00". I thought to myself this must be a rough place, but paid for the room anyway.

The winds were howling outside and the temp was around 15 degrees with a wind chill of -10 degrees, very cold to say the least. We were all looking forward to getting inside, locking the door and being nice and cozy warm. Upon entering the room we turned up the heat and had a look around. We waited for the room to get warm, and we waited, and we waited, and we waited. The heat finally turned on, blew through the vent for about 2 minutes then shut off and all that blew out was cold air. We just about froze off our tuckus' that night, but we stayed bundled up in the blankets for warmth, even though we weren't sure what may have been lurking in that room.

The room looked like it went through WW2 with all the repair spots on the walls. The bathroom toilet had cigarette burns on it. I did take a shower before bed and was surprised to find there was actually HOT water. Off we drifted to sleep and in the middle of the night someone decided to blow their horn, over and over and over and over again...bout scared me to death!!! Then there was a pounding on a door down the corridor about 15 times. Lord knows what that was all about. Needless to say, I won't be staying in that hotel anymore.

Trip To Trenton - NICE BUT WINDY
Stay In Hotel - AWFUL & COLD
Getting On The 6 am Train - PRICELESS

No comments: