Thursday, June 4, 2009

Update 2 at Eclipse

Hi all. This past weekend was the American Whippet Club Eastern Specialty. Tyler and I went with only two dogs, Vanna & puppy Rayne. We didn't do squat all weekend, unlike last year when Vanna won WB, BOW, BOB & Group 3, and Rio was RWD, Best Puppy & puppy Group 4. I guess you really can't have it all...lol.

But I got to see a lot of people and friends that I did see at the National in Atlanta, but with such a big show, didn't get to spend a lot of time with. Friday night we went out to dinner for Amanda's 25th birthday (lord I remember when she was a chubby 5 year old). We had a great time with her new beau Jonathan, Susie & her friend, Barb, Vince & Laura.

Saturday was the Specialty day and we had the thrill of cheering on Amanda & Tawny (Rio's sister) on to Best of Breed and a Group 2. Although it was very exciting, it amazes me to no end how one person will actually talk to a judge and can fix a show so that someone won't win. It's just mindboggeling to me. Anyway, it was exciting just the same.

Saturday night Lesley, Jeannie, Allan, Tyler and I ordered pizza and had it delivered to the Red Roof where we were staying. We sat outside drinking beer, bloody marys and eating pizza.

Sunday was another day that was mindboggeling as to how a judge will do just what you expect them to do, cause of the closeness a person has with that judge. Or that person has that judge in their pocket. Don't know how that works.

Tyler was bored at times until he discovered that Lesley could get U-Tube on her I-Phone, and he watched You-Tube videos of the Family Guy, the Simpsons and who knows what else. I don't know how many times she had to recharge her phone cause Tyler had it constantly.

Today was the last day of school, so Tyler is home now and already driving me crazy with lets do this, lets do that, and so on. We'll go to Dorney Park one day, and we'll go to the Smithsonian sometime, and maybe to the Philadelphia Zoo. We'll keep busy over the summer with stuff I'm sure.

Till next time...

No comments: