Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Our First Snow Tubing Adventure

Tyler and I went snow tubing with the cub scouts and we had a great time. We went in those family tubes, I along with Tyler and two other scouts for the first few times down the hill. When you get to the top you have to jump out of the tube so they can unhook it, and I must have looked like the Michelin man falling on my ass all the time. I finally watched how some of the other adults get out and tried this and it was oh so easy.

Eventually the other boys went on their way with others and as the sun went down it was just Tyler and I going down in the tube. At the top they ask you if you want to go straight or spin, we all yelled, spin, spin, spin, so spin we went. You must be going down that hill at least 30 mph, and the spin of the G-Force is quite strong.

Well, the one time Tyler and I went down by ourselves, we said to spin. I was sitting directly across from Tyler and the guy sent us down the hill with a fantastic spin. We are part way down the hill, and as I'm watching Tyler I see him flip over the side of the snow tube and he's hanging onto the rope for dear life yelling "mommy, mommy, help me!!!". I crawled my way across the tube and grabbed him by the coat as he is flying on behind the tube, and hauled his butt inside. I laughed so hard I cried. And he's yelling, "that was soooooo awesome!!!". He looked just like Indiana Jones being dragged behind the vehicle. I started humming the Indiana Jones theme song as I was laughing.

After reaching the bottom of the hill, I made Tyler go back up and down again. Although we didn't spin the next few times, he did go down with some hesitation. And the last few times down we actually did the spinning thing again. You know what they say, "if you fall off the horse, you need to get right back on". I'm very proud of him for that.

Our first snow tubing adventure will be one we will never forget.

No comments: