Monday, June 16, 2008

Eastern Specialty 2008


The Eastern Whippet Specialty is held every year during the first weekend in June. It was a fantastic weekend for Eclipse and their relatives.


Friday at the Greater Philadelphia KC show, my new puppy Rio was awarded RWD and Best Puppy by judge Roberta Campbell and onto a Hound Group 4. Melissa's boy Hank won BOS in the Specialty Sweepstakes to his sister Feather under breeder/judge Chris Durance-Watkins.


Saturday, the Specialty day judge John Simm awarded Vanna...aka Daydream's Nights In White Satin, Winners Bitch, Best of Winners and BEST OF BREED from the Open class over BIS and Top 20 Winning whippets, then to top it all off she went Hound Group 3. It was a big decision for me to put an 18-1/2 month old bitch in the Open class, but I thought she looked mature enough. Was I ever surprised when judge Simm came over to me in the final lineup of Specials, bent over and said, "you're my Best of Breed". I just about died right then and there. It was a day I will treasure F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!! Thank you judge Simm.

No comments: