Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Dog Park




Today Tyler and I went to the dog park with Melissa and Dana and a whole pile of Whippets. Between the 3 of us we had 7, Steeler, Vader and Hank, and puppies Rio, Zachary, Zaria and Tyson. The big boys ran and ran and ran and ran, and Rio only came to see me after about 2-1/2 hours of playing and running around.

My dogs have never been to a dog park and I was totally amazed at how good 20-30 dogs can get along in an area while running, barking and play growling with no fights erupting. I give kudos to all the owners of these dogs for their great social skills.

I think Tyler had as good a time as the dogs did. He found one of the big tubes that the dogs are supposed to play in, but being they weren't playing with it, Tyler decided to get in and roll on down the hill.

I will definitely visit the dog park again, and hope friends Louise & Shelbi bring out Pebbles, yet another Whippet which I co-own with them, and their two Vizslas. Looking forward to next time.

1 comment:

Momma Phoenix said...

Dog parks can be a lot of fun. We never see that many dogs there (I live in a small town) but my whippet and greyhound love to go! Once we hit a certain road, they know we are going there and get really excited. :)

Good to hear you had a great time!